Home School Link Worker (HSLW) & Out of School Liaison Officer (OSLO)
Sarah Kilminster, Home School Link Worker (HSLW) - Fitzwaryn
My normal working hours are:
10am-5pm: Mondays and Tuesdays 8.30am-3.30pm: Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
Call: 01235 764504/ 07485 909660
I am committed to being there for our children and families and helping with any concerns you may have or support you might need, both at home and in school. I can:
- Enable parents and children to discuss concerns or worries in a safe and secure environment.
- Support families reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement.
- Assist parents/carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or have been excluded.
- Help and support parents /carers on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life. For example, illness, domestic abuse, disability, financial difficulties and much more.
- Offer parenting guidance and support and parenting courses.
- Help families and children to access services, resources, and local community information.
- Offer support at school meetings.
- Liaise with outside agencies, for example: School Health Nurse, CAHMS, Health Visitors, GPs, Family Help, Social Care, plus many more and can signpost/refer parents/carers/children to these agencies if needed.
- Help to fill out forms such as: Free School Meals, Home to School Transport Applications, Disability Living Allowance (DLA) etc.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT ME?
Please feel free to approach me at school. I will sometimes be around outside during drop off and pick up times, but you can also come and ask for me at reception too.
By attending one of our monthly coffee mornings (on the last Friday of each month from 10-11.30am in the Student Centre) or at parents’ evenings at which I will mostly be present. Contact me by phone on 07485909660/ 01235 764504, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I aim to speak with you as soon as you need me to but am not always able to do this, so, please do e-mail, text me or leave me a voicemail and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Clair Taylor, Out of School Liaison Officer (OSLO) - Fitzwaryn
My normal working hours are:
8.30am- 3.30pm Mondays and Tuesdays and 12.30- 6.30pm Wednesdays and Thursdays
Call: 01235 764504/ 07909 113059
I have various parts to my job role including;
- The management of Fitz Kids Holiday Club,
- Inclusion Support Scheme Funding Applications
- Transport Applications for out of school clubs
- Mental Health Lead, signposting and supporting staff, families and pupils to access support and resources
- Arranging after-school clubs at Fitzwaryn
- Supporting older students at FAAAZE and Beatbox youth groups
- Helping children/young people and their families to access other extracurricular activities within their locality or for additional support.
I will keep you informed of inclusive activities going on in your area, and can also submit funding applications or transport requests on your behalf, if required.
I can signpost families on where to look for activity information, by recommending activities for your child and if required, to liaise with the people running the activity to ensure it will meet the needs of your child; this can include specific medical training and accessing enabler support funding.
Information is shared in a number of ways:
- School Facebook Group
- School noticeboard (next to the pupil entrance)
- Sending out the Short Breaks Newsletter
- Attendance at parent’s evenings and information fairs
You can contact me for support via the school office 01235 764504 / 07909 113059 or email email@example.com
I am also available at the majority of the school coffee mornings for a more informal chat or request for support. These take place on the last Friday of each month from 10-11.30am in the Student Centre.
Fitzwaryn After School Clubs
Fitz Kids are contracted by Oxfordshire County Council to provide 20 days holiday club provision each year, please see the Fitz Kids page for more details and booking procedures.
FAAAZE Youth Group, Faringdon
Wednesday’s from 4-5.30pm, support staff from Fitzwaryn accompany students, age 13-19, attending FAAAZE. Transport is provided from Fitzwaryn to Faringdon and parents can either collect directly from FAAAZE or back at Fitzwaryn.
For more info, see our website: www.faaaze.org or contact Clair Taylor (OSLO, Fitzwaryn)
Beatbox Youth Group, King Alfred’s Academy, Wantage
Beatbox runs Thursday’s from 4-6pm, support staff from Fitzwaryn accompany students age 13-19 attending Beatbox and students are transported from Fitzwaryn after school on the minibus. All students need to be collected directly from Beatbox.
There is currently a waiting list for Beatbox and FAAAZE, please contact Clair Taylor for more details.
Autism Oxford (incl. alert cards)
SEN Play Sessions;
Partyman World, Oxford
Most cinemas now offer autism-friendly screenings; see your local cinema listings for info.