At Fitzwaryn, we understand that for our pupils, who all have Special Educational Needs or disabilities, an important element included in our Careers Programme is preparation for independence, or supported independence in order to equip our pupils for further study.
Our Careers Programme starts for our pupils the moment they start at Fitzwaryn.The pupils learn about; different jobs, who helps us in school and the wider community and about formal and informal relationships in PSHE and Citizenship lessons.
We are working hard to ensure that as a school meeting the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks by 2020.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance