Drop off and pick up arrangements at Fitzwaryn School - Guidance
Drop off in the morning
- There is a one-way system in operation, please follow staff instructions.
- School staff are on duty from 8.55am, responsibility for the pupils is with parents or transport provider until children enter the school building.
- Return to your vehicles promptly after dropping off.
- Staff will indicate when it is safe to leave.
- Please wait to exit in turn and do not pull out around other vehicles.
- If you are late and the pupil entrance doors are shut, please bring pupils to the main reception.
Pick up in the afternoon
- Driveway gates open automatically at 3:00pm. No waiting in the driveway, this must be kept clear at all times for emergency vehicle access.
- Speed limit is 5mph.
- Please be considerate of those vehicles that need access to a tail lift.
- No parking between the gates and the first crossing as this will prevent the gates closing.
- The gates close automatically at 3:14pm. No waiting in the driveway.
- Follow the route around the car park, please park considerately to ensure all car parking space is utilised.
- Drivers/escorts collect from the Pupil Entrance, parents collect from the Sensory Theatre Entrance.
- When the gates close at 3.14pm there will be no vehicle movement in the car park.
- Please load promptly and wait patiently in your vehicle.
- Once all vehicles have loaded, the gates will open and everybody will be able to leave.
- We also ask that you drop off and pick up pupils at the doors as quickly as possible to avoid blocking the doorway as this can make it difficult to monitor pupils in our care.
- Our overall aim is to ensure the safety and well-being of our pupils.
- For the safety of all, please apply your hand brake and switch off your engine as soon as you are parked appropriately. Your vehicle should not be re-started until the vehicle in front starts to move off.
For Transport Providers;
- Please wear your badges at all times.
- If a pupil’s medication is given to you by a member of staff, please ensure it is handed on to a responsible adult
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.