School Development Plan
SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2017- 2018
Our vision is that:
“Through learning to learn, pupils will access society”
Our mission is:
‘To give each pupil the richest and most appropriate education through which we aim to enhance positive attributes, minimise difficulties and encourage pupil independence’
|The Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
||Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
|Outcomes for Children and Learners
- To work with OCC and PAT re growth of the school.
- To embed Multi Me, to consider the social aspect of it and work with parents.
- Review qualifications and hold a Post 16 information fair.
- To achieve the International Award.
- To review Appraisal procedures for TAs and support staff.
- To implement website updates
- Governors – to complete action plan following 2017 review
- To implement new assessment and reporting procedures that includes assessment within the PMLD curriculum. To continue to explore outcomes following the Rochford Review.
- To have effective subject leadership within the school focused on pupil outcomes.
- To review the day to day monitoring of T and L.
- To review SEAL, Values Education (including British Values) and Circle time.
- To enhance the outside learning opportunities for pupils by creating an outside play area that is fit for purpose, meeting the needs of all the children and young people.
- To embed the horticulture aspect of the curriculum within all key stages with a focus on assessment and pupil progress
- Maths – to enhance the T and L within the measures strand and for pupils to make measurable progress.
- English - to enhance the T and L within guided reading and for pupils to make measurable progress.
- To establish and run an effective holiday and after school club programme for local families.