Please remember the following points about medicines in school:
- Wherever possible, please arrange for medicines to be given at home rather than during the school day.
- If your child requires daily medication at school, please complete the consent form.
- All medicines (except paracetamol / Calpol) must be prescribed, be in their original containers and carry a correct pharmacy label and expiry date.
- Paracetamol (Calpol) is not stored at school for general use; so please send it in only if your child needs it.
- You must notify staff of any medication changes in writing
- Let the school know if you are sending medicines in to go to away overnight/ weekend i.e. respite, so they can be locked away safely.
Staff cannot administer medicine unless they have written consent and correctly labelled medicine.